Request a Free Initial Phone Consultation Now via email or Call 1 855 TAX DOCS (+1-855-829-3627).

Back Taxes

Back Taxes: The Objection Process and Tax court

What to do if you Disagree with your Tax Assessment by the CRA?

If you receive a notice of assessment and you disagree with the tax calculation, you will need to file a notice of objection. There is a deadline for filing the notice of objection. You will need to file the notice of objection by the later of 90 days from the notice of assessment or one year from the due date of the tax return. You can send a letter to the Chief of Appeals in your tax office.


Subscribe to RSS - Back Taxes